We have 2 job opportunities for ambitious developers to join our team.
Role 1: SENIOR FRONT END DEVELOPER
Celtech is a leading provider of mission critical information systems to the retail & wholesale sector in the UK & Ireland. At the core of this is ab-initio, Celtech’ s real-time software which provides market-leading insights and functionality. As a Senior Front-End Developer, you will join Celtech’ s technical team based in Eastpoint, Dublin and immediately contribute to the development of our next generation, “insights” driven platform. You will work closely with the core development team to deliver a cross-platform user experience second to none in our industry. If you are passionate about delivering well engineered, exceptional user experiences in a web environment then this is the role for you.
- Facilitate and contribute to the UX design process with all stakeholders
- Implement these designs using agreed frameworks, components and practices
- Mentor and guide other, less experienced, team members
- Apply the most appropriate UX design patterns for different users and use cases
- Champion re-use and responsiveness in all UI development
- Develop & maintain automated UI tests
Required skills & knowledge:
- 5+ years commercial experience with Angular6/7/8, as well as AngularJS ideally
- Experience building responsive web applications
- Experience implementing rich, data-centric and workflow-based UIs, calling both internal and 3rd party APIs
- Experience with test automation tools for web applications e.g. Jasmine, Protractor / Selenium, Cypress
- Experience with UI/UX prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Figma
- Experience with CI and release tools and methodologies e.g. Jenkins, Git, webpack, npm
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Desirable skills & knowledge:
- Experience with other JS frameworks is also of interest e.g. React, Vue
- Development experience with Android mobile apps – either using plugins such as Ionic / Cordova or else native apps
- Experience with relational DB technologies (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Other development experience across the stack e.g. Java / Spring, Python, PHP, Ruby
- Experience working with Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
Role 2: SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
Celtech is a leading provider of mission critical information systems to the retail & wholesale sector in the UK & Ireland. At the core of this is ab-initio, Celtech’s real-time software which provides market-leading insights and functionality. As a Senior Java Developer you will join Celtech’s technical team based in Eastpoint, Dublin and immediately contribute to the development of our next-generation platform. If you are passionate about delivering robust, well-engineered applications with exceptional user experiences then this is the role for you.
- As a member of a technically diverse Product Development team your role will be to design, develop and test software to high levels of quality and timeliness
- Provide technical guidance and direction to less experienced members of the team
- Propose, and participate in, R&D and proof of concept projects on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in Code and Quality Control reviews
- Participate in product rollout and support functions, liaising with clients as necessary
- Engage with Product Management on new development requirements.
- International travel may be a requirement, from time to time.
Required skills & knowledge:
- 7+ years commercial experience in Java enterprise and web application development
- Experience with some / all of the following:
- Spring Framework, including Spring Boot, Spring Data JPA, Spring Security, Spring Batch, …
- RESTful Web service best practices, design and development (using Spring REST Controllers)
- SQL & relational databases
- Core Java, including familiarity with Java APIs such as JDBC, Threading, Sockets
- Familiarity with industry standard Development tools including Eclipse/NetBeans/IntelliJ, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Junit, Docker
- Good knowledge and understanding of design patterns and clean code
- Good knowledge of Database design/normalisation
- Experience with modern software processes including Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Java application server experience – e.g. Tomcat, JBoss
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Third level qualification in Computer Science/ Engineering or related discipline
Desirable additional skills & knowledge:
- Experience developing native Android Apps, using Java or Kotlin, Android Studio, Jetpack
- Experience of integrating with legacy platforms
To apply please use the form below and upload your CV.
Our ideal candidates are people who seek to combine their technical expertise and project management experience, with a natural skill in looking after our customers across all phases of a project’s lifecycle. Having a passion for retail, improving the retail customer experience and simplifying the technology landscape is something we value highly at Celtech. If you want to bring our customers on this journey you can apply for a position or simply find out more about us, by getting in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out the contact form below.